By Michele C. Hollow of Pet News and Views
Many of you know that I write a pet column at Parade. I also started a fitness column at Parade, which will run twice a month for a three month period while I take part in a fitness challenge. I entered and won the Live Well Stay Well Challenge at Summit Medical Group. My prize includes a fitness evaluation from a physical therapist, a nutrition evaluation from a registered dietitian and a meeting with a behavioral health counselor to talk about goal setting and staying motivated. I also received a Fitbit.
In case you are not familiar with a Fitbit, it is a lightweight device you can wear on your wrist that tracks the number of steps, distance, calories consumed, calories burned and even your sleep patterns. Since, I’ve been wearing my Fitbit, I’ve been motivated to move.
I want you to be motivated too. Leave a comment at the end of this post in the Comments section telling us how you and your pets exercise together, and why you would like to win a Fitbit Flex. As you know, pets suffer from obesity too. So getting motivated to move benefits all of us.
The Fitbit Flex retails for $99.95, and Pet News and Views is giving away three Fitbit Flexes.
1. The contest runs from November 13, 2013 and ends at 5 p.m. eastern on November 18, 2013.
2. In the comments section of this post, tell us how you and your pets exercise together, and why you would like to win a Fitbit Flex.
3. One comment per person.
4. Three winners will be chosen.
5. After I contact the winners, the winners have 3 days to claim the prize. If the prize is not claimed by the winner within 3 days, an alternate winner will be chosen from the pool of entries.
6. Contest winners and their comments will be posted in a follow up Pet News and Views’ post.
Remember to leave your comment in the Comments section of this post, and Good Luck! This contest is closed.
This is a sponsored post.